The chef was kind enough to share the recipe with us when we left 🙏🏻
I’ve adapted it slightly over time.
Here’s my favourite raw version of the cake with vanilla bean, maple cashew cream 💞
Perfect for Friday’s 🍰, chocolate cravings and afternoon tea 💝
You can also make this delicious variation, which is the same cake with some extra Coconut added to the topping and a final layer of Organic Mixed Berries.
- The Base:
- 1 cup Macadamias (whizzed in blender to be very finely chopped),
- 8 Medjool Dates (pitted),
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- Blend all ingredients together and press into cake tin.
- 1/2 cup Finely Blended Macadamia Nuts,
- 2 Large Ripe Avocados,
- 3 heaped tablespoons Cacao Powder,
- 2-3 tablespoons of Maple Syrup (more can be added if you like yours sweeter),
- 1/4 cup Macadamia Oil
- **For the Mixed Berry Variation: I add 1/2 cup of Shredded or Desiccated Coconut to the Topping ingredients Before Blending (optional).
- Blend until Fully Combined and Spread over the Base.
- **Optional – For Mixed Berry Variation: Place a Selection of Washed Organic Berries on the Cake**.
- Place in fridge until served.
3) The Cream:
- 1 cup Cashews (soaked over night in filtered water),
- 1/4 cup Nut Milk, Soy Milk or Rice Milk,
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup,
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- Blend with hand blender until Smooth and Creamy. Add more Milk if required 😉
- Serve cold with Avocado Cake
#nourish #rawcake #afternoontea #naturesbounty #recipe